background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Monday Skirt


I spent a few hours on Monday making this cute little skirt to go with my Burning Man costume. I think I'm having second thoughts about the bloomers and want to have some options. So, this skirt was born out of a remnant of deep red satin, brown lace, and a black satin sash. I think it will complement the corset and bustle nicely.

I'm almost finished with the costume, but I decided to reshape the corset bust line. So... I'm in the process of shortening the bones and re-tipping them, then there's re-assembling and decorating it. I was so close to being finished!

The last components are the hat and my tray, which my friend Nikko has offered to help me build! So close!


Thanks for looking! I'll post complete photos of the entire outfit once it is complete.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh hon -- this outfit is going to be gorgeous and fun, fun, fun!! I am astounded at your handiwork and creativity! Your work (and you!) are amazing -- watch out costume world!!
    XXX 000
    Mom

    ReplyDelete