background

Friday, June 10, 2011

Wedding hairpiece




My future family in laws are getting married this summer, and I was thrilled when Liz asked me if I would make her a hairpiece to wear on her wedding day. To view her beautiful blog, and a post about my creation you can check out her blog at A Homegrown Wedding.


For her hairpiece, I used some silk flowers that she sent, and opened them up to remove all the plastic and metal hardware. I then stripped some white duck feathers, and filled out the flower with feather petals. It was a whim, but turned out to be a really beautiful effect which is really delicate and whimsical. Liz also included some gorgeous wax flowers that belonged in her Grandmother's wedding veil, and I mounted those in the center of the flowers, and spotted them with clear Swarovski rhinestones. Trimmed in russian veiling and mounted on a leather pad with an alligator clip, this little lady is ready for her big day - Oh, and I'm sure the bride will be ready too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment