background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weekend Veil Shoot

Anneliese and Chris making magic

Greetings! I've been a flurry of productivity over the last 6 months!
I've fluctuated between working 4 -2 days a week at Dark Garden in San Francisco.
I've learned so much there, as well as just experienced the production sewing world again. It's a whole different experience from being a home sewer!  I'm primarily the stock cutter, but I also work as the finisher (grommeting and lacing).
I'm going on a year and 3 months of being the hat builder for Topsy Turvy Design.  I've loved making hats for Kim! And it's given me the opportunity to hone my skills and indulge my inner perfectionist.  And Topsy Turvy Design has gotten some great feedback about the quality of their hats from Etsy customers, which I can't help but smile at!
La Petite Menagerie has been incubating.  I had a shoot last weekend with the gorgeous Anneliese and Chris, who I really enjoyed working with before.   I made a series of 12 birdcage veils in a wide spectrum of colors. Most are dotted with color matched Swarovski rhinestones, though one has vintage chenille dots. I'm hoping they'll be a hit with Offbeat Brides, and cool people in general.
I'm shooting with Chris again soon with a few new corset and hat combinations.
And of course, the projects that take precedence above all, are the wedding dresses. Yes, plural. Well, not really.  I'm making my sister's weddig gown, as well as my MOH dress,which is technically two dresses because of the slip. Yowza.  Luckily the MOH dress is almost done, and I'll take more photos as I go so I can post them here soon.  The wedding dress design is a secret so I can't include any photos, but let's just say it's based off an Oscar de la Renta gown and it's going to be a statement. 

Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment